Here are some green facts about Ceramitex.
- 100% natural: Made with natural clay, feldspar, silica and mineral oxides,
sintered ceramic does not emit toxic gases into the atmosphere when exposed to fire or extremely high temperatures.
- 100% recyclable: Due to its natural composition, it is 100% recyclable.
- Recycled materials: Up to 52% of any sintered ceramic is comprised of
recycled raw materials.
- Emissions: The sintering process does not require any resin or polymer so the surface will not release any harmful substance into the environment.
- Near-zero porosity: With a porosity of less than 0.08%, sintered ceramic
prevents absorption of liquids and is resistant to bacteria that could
accumulate and cause allergies or diseases.
- Less raw materials = less erosion: Because of its thinness, the slabs are
comprised of less raw materials than other product categories, reducing soil erosion where it is found.
- Lower CO2 emissions: A thin panel means a lighter slab. It is possible to
transport more than double the surface quantity of Ceramitex compared
to thicker products like marble, granite and quartz, resulting in efficient
transporting and reducing CO2 emissions.
- Optimized energy consumption: Ceramitex is ideal for ventilated facades as
it is extremely resistant to high and low temperatures. The thermal insulation
and ventilation between a ceramic facade and the building considerably
optimizes the buildings energy consumption (up to 40%).